Thursday, December 31, 2015

And to All A Good Night

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas with family and friends! We spent Christmas in my sister Monica's beautiful brand new house in Charleston, SC. (Actually, we built together and we blog together, 'cause we're sisterly like that -- you should check it out.) It was an amazing week full of family, good food, and good wine. A LOT of good wine. Here are some pictures...

She lives in this super charming neighborhood called Park Circle that does a really nice Christmas light display each year. (Full disclosure: the first time I took the video I didn't do it right, and I made my sister drive around the circle three times. Oops.)



The sweet doggy cousins all got to hang out and eat treats. And, yes, it was warm enough for flip flops!



Monica made beef wellington and she made it look as easy as Gordon Ramsay's video. She didn't use a recipe, just talent.

My sister's version of Gordon Ramsay's Beef Wellington

My mom made a feast for Christmas dinner:



We ate an amazing charcuterie platter (pardon the potato-gram) and drank amazing wine at Accent on Wine, which you should totally visit ASAP:

Charcuterie platter at Accent on Wine in Park Circle

We saw a fantastic movie called "Spotlight." Have you seen it yet? You should. It reminded me of a contemporary "All the President's Men," which is also a great movie.



We ogled the gorgeous multi-million dollar houses near the Battery:

Overlooking the Battery in Charleston, South Carolina

And that's the wrap on our sweet Christmas with the family!

0 comments:

Post a Comment